1. Entrants must be mindful of the welfare of the Birds they are photographing
and ensure that no harm, injury or distress is caused to the bird or to the
habitat in an attempt to secure the image.
2. Entrants must not deceive the viewer or attempt to disguise and/ or
misrepresent the reality of the natural scene.
3. Entrants are responsible for ensuring full compliance with any applicable national
or international legislation and for securing any relevant permits that may be
required in the process of photography.
4. No images of pets or captive animals will be accepted.
5. If the organisers suspect that an entry has been achieved through cruel or
unethical practices, including the use of live bait, the entry will be disqualified.
6. Caption information supplied during the registration process must be
complete, true and accurate.
7. The organising team, sponsors and partners are not allowed to participate in
8. Any breach of the ethical standards listed here will be considered a breach of the